Welcoming in the sunshine doesn’t have to mean welcoming in spring pests, too. Take the following steps while cleaning to help prevent problems in and around your home:
- Seal interior and exterior cracks in and around your home.
- Keep ventilation systems clear and running.
- Vacuum regularly. You can use a vacuum to remove spiders and their webs as well as other pests and debris.
- Clean pantries and closets thoroughly, picking up excess food and removing any products that have been sitting on shelves for several months. Keep all food containers and non-perishables tightly sealed.
- Pick up pet food at night. Don’t feed pets outdoors.
Wipe down all counters, wash dirty dishes and remove trash daily to avoid accumulation of any remnants of food that may lure pests. Your crumbs can be a feast to hungry pests.
For more information, please visit www.orkin.com or call (800) 800-ORKIN.